Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Outlook Express 6.0 problem

Outlook Express 6.0 problem

Elly Byrne

Can you log into you mail account via webmail?
Go to your ISP home page and look for webmail or email.
Same ID and password will be needed.
You can then look at your emails from there and decide what to do with
them.

"Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a very peculiar problem with Outlook Express 6.0
>
>When I download mail it always goes to the sixth message and then I get the
>following error message;
>
>"your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
>this include server problems, network problems, or long period of
>inactivity. Account ' postoffice.worldnet.att.net', Server:
>'postoffice.worldnet.att.net', Protcol: POP3' Server Response: '+OK', Port:
>110' Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCoF"
>
>I ran Norton's virus scan and found no viruses but I still can't download my
>mail.
>
>All other parts of the Outlook Express work fine. I can send E-mails,
>download and send messages on news groups etc. I just cant receive mail
>beyond the first six messages.
>
>Can anyone tell me what is wrong and what I need to do to correct?
>
>Bill Mech
>(E-Mail Removed)

Tinnitus is a pain in the neck
Elly's Tinnitus Resources