Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > netscape 4.7 problems with config

netscape 4.7 problems with config

Jeremy

Had a crash and when reloaded my netscape mail has decided to download
messages at start-up and to show an advertising screen in the mail
window.
Looked on google but could not seem to find the fix, any help
appreciated. I used to know the answer but that was years ago
TIA
Jeremy

Roy@home.net

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:35:43 -0500, Jeremy <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Had a crash and when reloaded my netscape mail has decided to download
>messages at start-up and to show an advertising screen in the mail
>window.
>Looked on google but could not seem to find the fix, any help
>appreciated. I used to know the answer but that was years ago
>TIA
>Jeremy

The first issue can be fixed by finding the checkbox under
edit-preferences. I forget where - server settings?

BTW, Netscape 7.1 is pretty good and solves a lot of problems with
sites that no longer support 4.x

Roy - Carpe Noctem