Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Messenger confusion

Messenger confusion

Sandie

Recently while using Windows Messenger to chat to a friend, I decided to try
to use the audio/webcam feature & got a notice that my Messenger needed to
update to use this option. ( 1st time I've tried a cam or voice) I went
ahead & now find 2 program icons near my clock...1 for Windows Messenger & 1
for MSM?? And one signs out when the other starts.
Are these 2 related? Do I need both or either to use my webcam?
Am using XP Pro.
Confused Newbie.