Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > My Bad

My Bad

Duane Arnold

A couple of weeks ago, I made a statement to someone that DLLHOST.exe that
was setting in Windows/system32/wins directory on XP seemed to be legit. It
seems that was in error. And most likely, it was a Trojan. There should
only be two valid directories on a NT based machine that svchost.exe or
dllhost.exe should be in and that's system32 and dllcache.

http://www.pspl.com/virus_info/worms/blasterd.htm

I finally moved to XP Pro on one machine. I like it!

Duane