Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > USB PC Card

USB PC Card

Peter Devine

Does anyone know of a PCMCIA PC Card (ie ISA 16 bit bus NOT 32 bit Cardbus)
which will provide a USB connection. My rather elderly CTX notebook is
badly in need of such a connection (USB 1.0 or 1.1) but all I can see
advertised or available second-hand seems to be for Cardbus enabled
notebooks.

Regards

Peter

Thor

I seriously doubt you will find a USB card that uses a 16 bit interface. I
think the cardbus cards will be the only option.

"Peter Devine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmrvin$mm7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of a PCMCIA PC Card (ie ISA 16 bit bus NOT 32 bit

Cardbus)
> which will provide a USB connection. My rather elderly CTX notebook is
> badly in need of such a connection (USB 1.0 or 1.1) but all I can see
> advertised or available second-hand seems to be for Cardbus enabled
> notebooks.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter

Michael-NC

If you're running win95 on that notebook, forget about USB.

"Peter Devine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmrvin$mm7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of a PCMCIA PC Card (ie ISA 16 bit bus NOT 32 bit

Cardbus)
> which will provide a USB connection. My rather elderly CTX notebook is
> badly in need of such a connection (USB 1.0 or 1.1) but all I can see
> advertised or available second-hand seems to be for Cardbus enabled
> notebooks.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter

Peter Devine

Thanks for the opinion Thor. I was rather coming to that conclusion with my
lack of success from searching the web. Will have to keep saving the
pennies for a replacement notebook (or even better, a tablet).

Peter

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I seriously doubt you will find a USB card that uses a 16 bit interface. I
> think the cardbus cards will be the only option.
>

> ..
> "Peter Devine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmrvin$mm7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone know of a PCMCIA PC Card (ie ISA 16 bit bus NOT 32 bit

> Cardbus)
> > which will provide a USB connection. My rather elderly CTX notebook is
> > badly in need of such a connection (USB 1.0 or 1.1) but all I can see
> > advertised or available second-hand seems to be for Cardbus enabled
> > notebooks.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Peter

Peter Devine

It originally ran Windows95 but was upgraded to the first edition of 98. So
the os should support usb but the concensus seems to be that I'm unlikely to
find a 16 bit pc card, so no go anyway.

Thanks

Peter

news:bUBkb.40221$(E-Mail Removed) m...