Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > New modem report.

New modem report.

DeMoN LaG

Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> From sales figures I've seen, I'd say there's hundreds of thousands
> that disagree with me...

Sales show popularity of a product. Just because few people buy it doesn't
mean it is trash. Marie Calender frozen dinners are probably the best "TV
Dinner" you can buy in a food store, yet they have abismal sales because no
one wants to pay $3.99 for one when they can get a 2 pound Oncor or a 1
pound Hungryman for half that price.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Winston

Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I just installed a Creative modem in a XP box and it caused the machine

> >hang when rebooted.

I don't use XP. Never have, never will..........Linux or Win
2000.........They can take their "rent" payment and stick it where the modem
goes.

Winston

Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MSI is junk...period. Always has been...and probably always will be.

Interesting. I've built a few boxes, not as many as you, but quite a few.
Half are MSI, all going strong, and Asus and Epox. I prefer the Epox and the
MSI over the Asus any day. My opinion, of course.

Winston

Thor

"Winston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I just installed a Creative modem in a XP box and it caused the machine

> > >hang when rebooted.

> I don't use XP. Never have, never will..........Linux or Win
> 2000.........They can take their "rent" payment and stick it where the

modem
> goes.

What "rent" payment are you referring to?

Winston

Thor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What "rent" payment are you referring to?

Your temporary license to use said product....

Michael-NC

"Winston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What "rent" payment are you referring to?
> >

> Your temporary license to use said product....

Errr, there is no temporary licence.

A XP Home license and CD can be had for as little as 77.00

Thor

"Winston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What "rent" payment are you referring to?
> >

> Your temporary license to use said product....

What exactly do you consider "temporary" about it? I've been using a
licensed copy of WinXP since it was put on the market in '01, and I've not
had to pay one cent over the original price, to use it. The licensing is no
different from that of Win2k or many other previous versions. The only
difference is the product activation which enforces a
1-licensed-copy-per-machine rule which existed long before XP was
introduced.

Winston

Thor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Your temporary license to use said product....

> What exactly do you consider "temporary" about it?

I suggest you read the license agreement..........They can revoke your right
to use the OS for many reasons. There is more to this than "activation".

Winston

Michael-NC

"Winston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > > Your temporary license to use said product....

> > What exactly do you consider "temporary" about it?

> I suggest you read the license agreement..........They can revoke your

right
> to use the OS for many reasons. There is more to this than "activation".
>
> Winston

That's been true of _all_ the Windows EULA's and true of almost _any_
software EULA.

Just get over it.

Thor

"Winston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > > Your temporary license to use said product....

> > What exactly do you consider "temporary" about it?

> I suggest you read the license agreement..........They can revoke your

right
> to use the OS for many reasons. There is more to this than "activation".

Then I suggest you read *all* the windows licensing agreements. There is
nothing really unique to WinXP in that manner. And they aren't going to
suddenly come out and charge periodic fees to continue using XP. To do so
would be ludicrous, and wouold cause an immediate backlash from the
customers. MS may be many things, but they aren't that stupid. I suggest
that you take a vacation from paranoia land for awhile.