Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > cdrom installation

cdrom installation

colin

I have a relatively old CDRW installed on my machine. Today I acquired a
52x cdrom. If I install this as slave, will it run at 52x or will it run at
the speed of the original cdrom (12x).

If it runs at the speed of the cdrw, is there any way to get it to run at
proper speed?

Also, if I change them around and make the 52x as master and 12x as slave,
will the 12x suffer any problems from being slave to a faster drive?

Many thanks

Colin

Night_Seer

colin wrote:
> I have a relatively old CDRW installed on my machine. Today I
> acquired a 52x cdrom. If I install this as slave, will it run at 52x
> or will it run at the speed of the original cdrom (12x).
>
> If it runs at the speed of the cdrw, is there any way to get it to
> run at proper speed?
>
> Also, if I change them around and make the 52x as master and 12x as
> slave, will the 12x suffer any problems from being slave to a faster
> drive?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Colin

I would put the new drive as master, but there shouldn't be a problem, it
will run at its best speed.

--
Night_Seer

Thor

It should run just fine. Unless you have an ancient chipset, the independent
timing support will enable each device to run at their proper speeds.

newsXEjb.9119$(E-Mail Removed)...