Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco access-list for protectin a LAN with a server

Cisco access-list for protectin a LAN with a server

curro

Hello

I'm trying to configure an access list on my Cisco 2516. I want to
permit all traffic from my subnet to the internet, and allow incoming
traficc just for two subnets. I don't use NAT, because my subnet has
several public IPs. The server is a web server, but not public. It can
be reached for just certain IP

I have tried this configuration, but I'm not sure that it's the best
way

Subnet Myrouter Another router Internet Other
subnets
120.120.120.0 192.168.200.0
62.128.12.0
Server 120.120.120.10

At the serial interface of Myrouter, I've applied this access-list

permit tcp any any established
permit udp any any
permit ip 62.128.12.0 120.120.120.0
permit ip 192.168.200.0 120.120.120.0

ip access-group in (Is this OK?)

I don't use an access-list in the out way, because I want to permit
all the traffic.
Is this the best way to protect my network? Maybe I could change the
second line by permit udp any any eq 53 (just allow DNS)

Thank you very much for your time. If you need further details, do not
hesitate to contact me.