Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > DVD Copying

DVD Copying

Warren Barr

When making BACKUP copies I BOUGHT LEGALLY, I have been using DVD
Decrypter to write them to my hard drive and then the Nero 6 demo to
write them to DVD. Is this the easiest way and cheapest? The demo ends
October 31 so I will have to buy the full version (over $100). Is there
any cheaper way to do this? Dvd Decrypter is free always bit in 3 weeks
I have to buy Nero. Nero is so easy to use - just drag the .vob
files,etc. to the VIDEO file and then hit the 'BURN' button. I want
cheap, but easy like Nero. Should I just bite the bullet and buy Nero?

Thanks.

DeMoN LaG

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Warren Barr) wrote in news:5751-3F8E2921-121
@storefull-2231.public.lawson.webtv.net:

> Should I just bite the bullet and buy Nero?

Nero is a fantastic program, probably one of the best CD burning programs
on the market, if not the best. I see Nero 6 "Ultra Edition" on Newegg.com
for $85 with free shipping. Depending on if you really need Nero 6 or if
Nero 5 will work for you, you could actually buy a LiteOn 52x24x52 burner
that comes with a copy of Nero 5.5 included (fully functional, non demo)
for around $50 or $60 shipped from Newegg. It could be an excuse to
upgrade to a faster burner and get the software you want included for free.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Night_Seer

DeMoN LaG wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Warren Barr) wrote in
> news:5751-3F8E2921-121 @storefull-2231.public.lawson.webtv.net:
>
>> Should I just bite the bullet and buy Nero?

> Nero is a fantastic program, probably one of the best CD burning
> programs on the market, if not the best. I see Nero 6 "Ultra
> Edition" on Newegg.com for $85 with free shipping. Depending on if
> you really need Nero 6 or if Nero 5 will work for you, you could
> actually buy a LiteOn 52x24x52 burner that comes with a copy of Nero
> 5.5 included (fully functional, non demo) for around $50 or $60
> shipped from Newegg. It could be an excuse to upgrade to a faster
> burner and get the software you want included for free.

Actually those are coming with Nero 6 but only Nero Express now (the lite on
burners I mean.) So I would just spen the money on it.

--
Night_Seer

BillKirch

>I want
>cheap, but easy like Nero. Should I just bite the bullet and buy Nero?

#############
I bought Nero 6.0 full version for $14.50 from an online Discount OEM seller.
BG

Warren Barr

What is OEM and what is the catch? Why would it be $80.00 - $100.00 on
sites like Amazon, Bestbuy, etc.? I am just asking because I want to
buy it and I want to get the best deal all around that I can.

Thanks.

DeMoN LaG

(E-Mail Removed) (Warren Barr) wrote in news:18047-3F8F7230-352
@storefull-2233.public.lawson.webtv.net:

> What is OEM and what is the catch? Why would it be $80.00 - $100.00 on
> sites like Amazon, Bestbuy, etc.? I am just asking because I want to
> buy it and I want to get the best deal all around that I can.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer
What it means is you get no support and usually no fancy box or extras.
Example:
Buy a retail video card you get a fancy colorful box and oodles of bundled
software. Buy an OEM video card you get a white box with the card and a
driver disc (sometimes).

It's meant mostly for vendors, they buy at a discount, but they have to do
the tech support and stuff themselves, ie, if you buy an OEM copy of Nero
you most likely will get zero technical support from Ahead.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
website: under construction
email/IM for rates/services

Warren Barr

I am ok without the tech support but are all of the features there that
are included in the Nero 6 Ultra Edition which sells for much more?

Thanks.

DeMoN LaG

(E-Mail Removed) (Warren Barr) wrote in news:898-3F8F797A-252
@storefull-2236.public.lawson.webtv.net:

> I am ok without the tech support but are all of the features there that
> are included in the Nero 6 Ultra Edition which sells for much more?

I doubt there would be anything you would miss that wouldn't be included,
but you could email a place selling it and ask them.