Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Kid's Typing Tutor?

Re: Kid's Typing Tutor?

bambam

"Ralph D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Anyone have any experience with a good freeware typing tutor for a
> 10 yr old boy who's having a hard time getting going? There is so
> much good educational software out there for him... one would
> think this basic would be well-covered. I need a good *and* fun
> one, 'cause he's taking to computers well... but not the typing
> (and his teacher sees it as a must).

Here is one I found-

http://www.aetech.co.uk/ttutor/

I found it at the following site that might also be of interest-

http://www.kidsfreeware.com/

Hope this helps.

--
Remember, half the people you know are below average.

Ralph D.

thanks for the replies. I was hoping I'd see some first-hand experience with
one... but these are some good starting points!

"bambam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r68jb.1127$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ralph D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Anyone have any experience with a good freeware typing tutor for a
> > 10 yr old boy who's having a hard time getting going? There is so
> > much good educational software out there for him... one would
> > think this basic would be well-covered. I need a good *and* fun
> > one, 'cause he's taking to computers well... but not the typing
> > (and his teacher sees it as a must).

> Here is one I found-
>
> http://www.aetech.co.uk/ttutor/
>
> I found it at the following site that might also be of interest-
>
> http://www.kidsfreeware.com/
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Remember, half the people you know are below average.

DeMoN LaG

"Ralph D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> thanks for the replies. I was hoping I'd see some first-hand
> experience with one... but these are some good starting points!

You may want to check out KP Typing Tutor (search google). Though not
specifically designed for kids, it is indeed one of the best teach you to
type programs I've seen (it raised someone I know's speed from ~12 words a
minute to ~35 words a minute in about 2 months)

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Kenny

A free one:
http://www.computeractive.co.uk/Download/103615
and shareware:
http://www.computeractive.co.uk/Download/101653
Don't know much about them but they're small downloads and worth a look.

--

Kenny