Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > HP Pavillion

HP Pavillion

colin

Hi, I'm posting this on behalf of my friend...

I have a HP Pavilion 6535 and I cannot find ANY BIOS updates. It's dated
9/99 and I'd really like to update it. I've checked phoenix.com, which -on-
mentions to check the computer manuf's site. So went to hp.com, which had no
updates, and recommended firmware.com. Firmware has a listing of like 200
Pavilion models, none of which are for the 6535. Closest is the model 6532.
Anyone have a BIOS update for this, or know where I can find it???! Does it
even exist?!

Any help would be appreciated.

Colin

Steve

"colin" <colin@#j0o.com> wrote in message
news:it0jb.7309$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I'm posting this on behalf of my friend...
>
> I have a HP Pavilion 6535 and I cannot find ANY BIOS updates. It's dated
> 9/99 and I'd really like to update it. I've checked phoenix.com,

which -on-
> mentions to check the computer manuf's site. So went to hp.com, which had

no
> updates, and recommended firmware.com. Firmware has a listing of like 200
> Pavilion models, none of which are for the 6535. Closest is the model

6532.
> Anyone have a BIOS update for this, or know where I can find it???! Does

it
> even exist?!
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Colin

http://tinyurl.com/qycj

---

Steve

I guess I should have asked before I posted the link.... what do you look to
gain with the update? Are you having problems?
I am not sure what the concensus is around here but I was always told not to
do an update unless you have a specific issue that the update will fix.

BTW... it took me all of 30 seconds to find this update so I am not sure how
you did not find this on the HP web site

colin

news13jb.55590$(E-Mail Removed)...

| I guess I should have asked before I posted the link.... what do you look
| gain with the update? Are you having problems?
| I am not sure what the concensus is around here but I was always told not
| do an update unless you have a specific issue that the update will fix.
|
| BTW... it took me all of 30 seconds to find this update so I am not sure
how
| you did not find this on the HP web site

Thanks. I don't know what he wants, I just pasted the question for him.
Thanks for the help though.