Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Kid's Typing Tutor?

Re: Kid's Typing Tutor?

Sirius

"Ralph D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have any experience with a good freeware typing tutor for a 10 yr

old
> boy who's having a hard time getting going? There is so much good
> educational software out there for him... one would think this basic would
> be well-covered. I need a good *and* fun one, 'cause he's taking to
> computers well... but not the typing (and his teacher sees it as a must).

I got Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, off a cover CD once. It was quite good
and is OK for kids, but unfortuately it does not seem to be freeware if you
look at their website.

A search for "typing" at www.download.com brings up a few free ones.