Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: dialpass

Re: dialpass

DeMoN LaG

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Tony) wrote in news:a40b1cd5.0310140827.4ed68a49
@posting.google.com:

> I was recently told to use the dialpass program to find out what my
> dial up password was. It worked perfectly (thanx again). I was
> wondering how this program works. I am assuming htat there is some
> type of text file on my hard drive that contains this information. If
> so, what is the file used by Windows 2000 professional and is it
> encrypted? If this is not the case, then I would really like to know
> how this program works, if anybody knows.

You mean the thing that makes the *'s turn back to letters/numbers? If I
understand it correctly, it merely peeks into the window's internals and
disables the masking of the password so it appears normally.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Yep

DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message news:<Xns9414A945E24F2Wobbly@216.168.3.30>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Tony) wrote in news:a40b1cd5.0310140827.4ed68a49
> @posting.google.com:
>
> > I was recently told to use the dialpass program to find out what my
> > dial up password was. It worked perfectly (thanx again). I was
> > wondering how this program works. I am assuming htat there is some
> > type of text file on my hard drive that contains this information. If
> > so, what is the file used by Windows 2000 professional and is it
> > encrypted? If this is not the case, then I would really like to know
> > how this program works, if anybody knows.
> >

> You mean the thing that makes the *'s turn back to letters/numbers? If I
> understand it correctly, it merely peeks into the window's internals and
> disables the masking of the password so it appears normally.

Are you sure that is the program you installed. If so you may have
some trouble coming your way.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven....dialpass.html

Tony

Actually, the program that I used (successfully) is called dialpass.exe.