Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Motherboard Query

Motherboard Query

caz

Is there a motherboard/mainboard on the market that comes with a decent
graphics solution?
By decent I mean a card capable of running the latest games.

caz

Gary G. Taylor

caz wrote:

> Is there a motherboard/mainboard on the market that comes with a decent
> graphics solution?
> By decent I mean a card capable of running the latest games.
>
> caz

Well maybe--not bloody likely, but MAYBE.

But what do you do when newer games require more graphics power, or when
some mishap takes that board out, or you want to change operating systems
(or Micro$hit comes out with a new one) and there's no driver available?

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Graham

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:37:26 +0100, "caz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a motherboard/mainboard on the market that comes with a decent
>graphics solution?
>By decent I mean a card capable of running the latest games.

not sure, but i'd go for the separate graphics card and good motherboard.

12NooN Search Engine - http://www.12noon.net
65% payout to all our affiliates. Join today !

MESSAGE BOARD - http://www.12noon.net/forum

DeMoN LaG

"caz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bj9i0h$gica9$(E-Mail Removed)-
berlin.de:

> Is there a motherboard/mainboard on the market that comes with a decent
> graphics solution?
> By decent I mean a card capable of running the latest games.

Get an nForce2 motherboard with IGP (Integrated Graphics Platform). Also
make sure you run it in dual channel memory mode, as the GPU will suck up a
lot of RAM bandwith.

BananaPannaPoe-

Why don't you get a decent graphics card to mount in an AGP slot of a good
motherboard.

--
I think, therefore I am; I think.. P v

Getting a virus ain't that bad, wait until you get infected with CRABS!
"caz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bj9i0h$gica9$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Is there a motherboard/mainboard on the market that comes with a decent
> graphics solution?
> By decent I mean a card capable of running the latest games.
>
> caz

anonsoc

There is a board that has an onboard geforce mx 440 which is a halfway (and
I mean halfway) decent 3d card integrated. I don't remember the make and
model but I'll post it if I find it again.
"caz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bj9i0h$gica9$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Is there a motherboard/mainboard on the market that comes with a decent
> graphics solution?
> By decent I mean a card capable of running the latest games.
>
> caz

anonsoc

http://www.thunderbirdcomputing.com....php?do=mboards

you can go there, hit ctrl+F for find and type in 440 and you will be taken
to boards that have the 440mx geforce integrated onboard. I have no idea
about the quality/reputation of the manufacturers involved with these, but I
believe this is probably the best onboard video you're going to find (and I
would still go with a standalone video card, onboard generally sucks and 440
mx is outdated as it is, just better than anything else out there I
believe).
"caz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bj9i0h$gica9$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Is there a motherboard/mainboard on the market that comes with a decent
> graphics solution?
> By decent I mean a card capable of running the latest games.
>
> caz

Michael-NC

NO.

"caz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bj9i0h$gica9$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Is there a motherboard/mainboard on the market that comes with a decent
> graphics solution?
> By decent I mean a card capable of running the latest games.
>
> caz

new motherboard - query Netty Computer Support 12 10-05-2008 10:37 PM
Motherboard query Trent C Computer Support 6 10-31-2003 11:17 PM
Motherboard Query caz Computer Support 7 09-09-2003 01:34 AM
motherboard query Art-the -Dart Computer Support 7 08-24-2003 10:30 AM

Advertisments