Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Custom Computer

Re: Custom Computer

draga

The mobo also has a decent sound card built onto it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The only items I would have reservations about would be the Audigy card.
> I've seen and dealt with so many damn bugs with Creative labs drivers

since
> the LIVE! series came out, I would probably consider a hercules card
> instead. Additionally, if you haven't considered a Radeon card, they are
> well worth a look. Not that the Geforce card you listed isn't decent

though.
> Also ECC ram isn't really necessary IMHO.
>

> "Danny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hey guys, I'm new here, but I would like some people's advice. I am
> > going to build my own custom desktop, and I would like some
> > advice/suggestions. Here is the list of things I've decided on. Any
> > help is appretiated

Danny

Thanks for the adivce guys. In addition to the advice you all have
provided, I have gotten some from other sites, and this is the new
updated list I've come up with. Now, all I need is some suggestions
for cooling (fans and hd cooler), an exceptional low-cost video card,
a floppy drive, and a CD-ROM drive.

-Surge Protector---------------------------------------------------------
[x] Belkin Universal UPS 800VA
$100.00

-Processor---------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] AMD Athlon 2800 XP $???
[ ] AMD Athlon 3200 XP $467.00

-Hard Drive--------------------------------------------------------------
[x] Western Digital Enterprise Serial ATA Hard Drive WD Raptor
$169.99
[ ] Western Digital 120 GB 8 MB Cache - 7200 RPM Ultra ATA/100
$129.99

-Mother Board------------------------------------------------------------
[x] ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
$124.00

-Case--------------------------------------------------------------------
[x] Antec Preformance II SX1040BII $119.00

-Ram---------------------------------------------------------------------
[x] Kingston 1GB Kit HyperX DDR 333MHz DIMM CL2
$240.00
[ ] Kingston 512MB Kit HyperX DDR 333MHz DIMM CL2
$133.00

-Video Card--------------------------------------------------------------
[x] Ultra 750- 8X AGP GeForce4 Ti4800SE AGP 8X 128MB DDR
$156.99

[ ] CREATIVE Soundblaster Audigy Gamer $79.99

[x] Creative Inspire™ 4.1 4400 $50-$100

[x] Cooler Master TLF-R82 x3
$15.00

[x] Logitech® Cordless MX™ Duo