Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: dumb question.......

Re: dumb question.......

Thor

reversing the polarity of the LED connection merely results in a non-lit LED
at all times since a reverse-biased diode will not allow current to flow.

"RichPuke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:be724a$i0g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Open the case and reverse the connectio for the HDD led.
>

> "DeMoN_LaG" <de_on-lag@co_cast.net> wrote in message
> > "tomScotland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:be6psb$1r0j3$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > > .......but why would the HDD l.e.d on the front of the case be
> > > illuminated constantly?
> > > I must admit I do not know anything about hardware whatsoever, I don't
> > > even know the purpose of having a HDD led!

> > It is to show when there is drive activity. If it is on constantly, it
> > means either A) The hard drive is constantly on or B) the LED is messed

> up.
> > On one of my machine the LED is like that. 50% of the time you turn it

> on,
> > the LED works fine. The other 50% of the time, it just stays lit for no
> > reason at all. You can just live with it if it doesn't both you, or

open

Dumb, Dumb Vista Au79 Computer Support 4 02-11-2007 03:40 PM
Probably a dumb s/// question. Mark Healey Perl 2 03-16-2005 04:51 PM
Dumb, dumb dumb Qestion David Napierkowski Digital Photography 6 10-31-2004 11:14 PM
Re: Dumb question Walter Roberson Cisco 1 07-23-2003 01:05 PM

Advertisments