Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help for computer dummy.....

Help for computer dummy.....

Jeanne

Hi Guys....

Please help me out on this one. I am trying to install a FaxPal Plus on my
system. It requires a serial port. What on earth is a serial port
(wheaties?) and how do I know if I have one? I have a 1998 Dell system with
Windows 98 and that's about all I know of the beast. I talked to the FaxPal
man (apparently there is only one) and he will help at a big price. Can't
be that much to it, is there?

Anyhow, I will be forever grateful to the lad that can straighten me out
here....
Cheers,
Jeanne

BillKirch

>It requires a serial port. What on earth is a serial port

it's the BIG connector on the back of your computer. BG