Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Utimaco SafeGuard Easy: Harddisk correctly encrypted?

Utimaco SafeGuard Easy: Harddisk correctly encrypted?

Fragezeichen?!?

Hi,
Yesterday I encrypted my PC with SGE from Utimaco.
I estimated it to take about 5 hours, as much as my freinds' PC needed.
The Size of my HD is 160 GB (real 149 GB).
But my PC just encrypted for about 20 minutes and reported success.
I have two partitions and when I encrypted with AES 256 bit there was
nothing on my HD beside the Operating System. In my Explorer the yellow
keys are shown correctly above the HDs. When I wanted to test the
Encryption with BartPE bootable WinXP the Size of my HD was
identificated as 0 Bytes which should be a good thing.

But 20 Minutes to encrypt a 160 GB HD is very less time, so how can I
test whether everything was encrypted correctly?

Thanks a lot for the Answer

GlobalImpact