Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > McAfee, Symantec target Microsoft's OneCare

McAfee, Symantec target Microsoft's OneCare

Imhotep

"Security firms McAfee and Symantec announced this week details of their
coming Internet services which aim to keep consumers' computers secure and
safe online, as Microsoft rolled out the final version of its own service.

McAfee announced on Tuesday the first details of its project, codenamed
'Falcon.' The service has been under stealthy development for more than 12
months and will be released later this summer, the company said in a
statement."

http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/220?ref=rss

--Imhotep

MSCE = "(M)ust (C)all (S)omeone (E)lse

David H. Lipman

From: "Imhotep" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| "Security firms McAfee and Symantec announced this week details of their
| coming Internet services which aim to keep consumers' computers secure and
| safe online, as Microsoft rolled out the final version of its own service.
|
| McAfee announced on Tuesday the first details of its project, codenamed
| 'Falcon.' The service has been under stealthy development for more than 12
| months and will be released later this summer, the company said in a
| statement."
|
| http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/220?ref=rss
|
| --Imhotep
|
| -------------------------------------------------------
| MSCE = "(M)ust (C)all (S)omeone (E)lse
| -------------------------------------------------------

So Security Focus is a daughter of Symantec. I didn't know that !

Anyway, you need to look at your signature...

MSCE = "(M)ust (C)all (S)omeone (E)lse

There's a couple things wrong there

My acronym definition for MCSE is (M)icrosoft (C)an't (S)ecure (E)nough

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Imhotep

David H. Lipman wrote:

> From: "Imhotep" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> | "Security firms McAfee and Symantec announced this week details of their
> | coming Internet services which aim to keep consumers' computers secure
> | and safe online, as Microsoft rolled out the final version of its own
> | service.
> |
> | McAfee announced on Tuesday the first details of its project, codenamed
> | 'Falcon.' The service has been under stealthy development for more than
> | 12 months and will be released later this summer, the company said in a
> | statement."
> |
> | http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/220?ref=rss
> |
> | --Imhotep
> |
> | -------------------------------------------------------
> | MSCE = "(M)ust (C)all (S)omeone (E)lse
>
> So Security Focus is a daughter of Symantec. I didn't know that !
>
> Anyway, you need to look at your signature...
>
> MSCE = "(M)ust (C)all (S)omeone (E)lse
>
> There's a couple things wrong there
>
> My acronym definition for MCSE is (M)icrosoft (C)an't (S)ecure (E)nough

....hahahahahaha....nice....

Imhotep

MSCE = "(M)ust (C)all (S)omeone (E)lse