Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Stolen card information

Stolen card information

phwashington@comcast.net

I just found out that one of my credit cards has been fraudulently
used. I was trying to find if there were any groups that might have
information on credit card theft. Like a consumer group or the like.
I haven't found a group related to this so far, but thought someone
here might know of something.
The type of information I would be looking for is postings from other
people who have had fraudulent activity on their credit card, so that
I/we could possibly correlate where the people got the information on
our cards. This was a Visa card and the first fraudulent charge was
made to a Home Depot in Michigan, followed by 2 today in Spain.

Bit Twister

On 29 Apr 2006 15:17:41 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just found out that one of my credit cards has been fraudulently
> used. I was trying to find if there were any groups that might have
> information on credit card theft. Like a consumer group or the like.
> I haven't found a group related to this so far, but thought someone
> here might know of something.
> The type of information I would be looking for is postings from other
> people who have had fraudulent activity on their credit card, so that
> I/we could possibly correlate where the people got the information on
> our cards. This was a Visa card and the first fraudulent charge was
> made to a Home Depot in Michigan, followed by 2 today in Spain.

http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/index.html

Wish you luck on hunting down the leak.

I have seen several, news releases of auditing and financial
companies, gas stations, home depot, colledges, staples, banks loosing
data. Those are just the ones we know about.

The state of Ohio in the USA is in the process of recalling cds passed
out with Social Security, address, names, phone numbers.

SAIC Personal Information Stolen kr0 Computer Security 1 05-05-2005 02:48 PM
M$ Lookout stolen control of my FF links.... Kneewax Firefox 2 10-27-2004 04:48 PM
Stolen ID card breaker_uk MCSE 6 08-03-2004 05:30 PM
Stolen certificates. Fareeduddin Ahmad Microsoft Certification 1 09-02-2003 04:27 AM

Advertisments