Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > PREVX user rating

PREVX user rating

HMI

Hi

Anybody running PREVX malware scanner?

Recommendations or otherwise?

Cheers

Hagman

Ron Lopshire

HMI wrote:

> Anybody running PREVX malware scanner?
>
> Recommendations or otherwise?

Gizmo likes it, or did in 2005.

A Survey of Intrusion Detection Software
(http://www.techsupportalert.com/intr...tection-p2.htm)

Intrusion Detection Software: a Survey of Products
(http://www.techsupportalert.com/intrusion-detection.htm)

Ron

HMI

Hi Ron

I had not heard of it but it seems to be thorough, thanks for the links.

Hagman

"Ron Lopshire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HMI wrote:
>
>> Anybody running PREVX malware scanner?
>>
>> Recommendations or otherwise?

> Gizmo likes it, or did in 2005.
>
> A Survey of Intrusion Detection Software
> (http://www.techsupportalert.com/intr...tection-p2.htm)
>
> Intrusion Detection Software: a Survey of Products
> (http://www.techsupportalert.com/intrusion-detection.htm)
>
> Ron

Kerodo

In article <qB20g.10934$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hi
>
> Anybody running PREVX malware scanner?
>
> Recommendations or otherwise?

I tried out Prevx1"R" here for a while, and it seemed interesting and
not too bad, but unfortunately there was a cpu usage issue that I
couldn't overlook. I got fairly heavy cpu spikes and usage, up in the
20-40% range, when typically I run at 0%. So I had to remove it. But
it did look pretty interesting.

--
Kerodo

Prevx ~BD~ Computer Security 1 03-21-2009 08:28 AM
Re: Prevx John D Computer Security 1 02-11-2009 06:07 PM
Unlocker-moveonboot-prevx console+"windows cannot acces baoboa Computer Support 2 03-12-2007 08:47 PM
Anyone tested Prevx Use.Netuser.de Computer Security 4 09-17-2004 10:57 PM
Prevx software nemo2 Computer Support 9 09-08-2004 05:50 PM

Advertisments