rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."

From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology...l?tw=rss.index

Imhotep

Felix Tilley

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Imhotep

Felix Tilley wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:52:36 -0400, Imhotep wrote:
>
>> "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last
>> Wednesday, purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the
>> National Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege
>> that such rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
>>
>> From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology...l?tw=rss.index
>>
>> Imhotep

> +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
> | PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\:\:/:/:.:
> | FEED THE TROLLS | :=.' - - '.=:
> | | '=(\ 9 9 /)='
> | Thank you, | ( (_) )
> | Management | /`-vvv-'\
> +-------------------+ / \
> | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
> | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
> @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
> \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
> \||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
>
> /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Why do you not take your own advice...dipshit.

Imhotep

Wayne

Imhotep wrote:
> "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last Wednesday,
> purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the National
> Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege that such
> rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
>
> From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology...l?tw=rss.index
>
> Imhotep

This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.

A similar occurance was discovered when Australian internet traffic was
routed through Pine Gap - this was proven to be false.

Traffic was being redirected because of a dead link.

Imhotep

Wayne wrote:

> Imhotep wrote:
>> "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last
>> Wednesday, purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the
>> National Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege
>> that such rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
>>
>> From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology...l?tw=rss.index
>>
>> Imhotep

> This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.
>
> A similar occurance was discovered when Australian internet traffic was
> routed through Pine Gap - this was proven to be false.
>
> Traffic was being redirected because of a dead link.

You have heard of the US Project Carnivore right? This was not a myth. This
was a project to force US ISPs to redirect email through a US NSA system
that scanned emails looking for key words. Project Carnivore is supposed
now defunct and has been replaced by another system. WHat that system is,
is still unknown.

If yo have proof that this is a myth, I am all ears but, please, include
information.

Imhotep

donnie

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:57:43 +1000, Wayne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.

How do we know that? Who proved that for us?
I would like to know why the major AV companies that supposedly find
trojans and the like, don't find what I term as 'proprietary trojans'
That is trojans from so called ethical companies.

Imhotep

donnie wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:57:43 +1000, Wayne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.

> How do we know that? Who proved that for us?
> I would like to know why the major AV companies that supposedly find
> trojans and the like, don't find what I term as 'proprietary trojans'
> That is trojans from so called ethical companies.

Excellent point!

Imhotep

little green man

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:51:31 -0400, Imhotep
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Project Carnivore is supposed
>now defunct and has been replaced by another system. WHat that >system is,
>is still unknown.

I recall they just changed the name to something less
alarming.

Belch or something

I think it's been pretty well shown they get overwhelmed
with data, and then hire the wrong people to translate for
them.

review committee

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Imhotep wrote:
>> "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last Wednesday,
>> purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the National
>> Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege that such
>> rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
>>
>> From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology...l?tw=rss.index
>>
>> Imhotep

>This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.
>
>A similar occurance was discovered when Australian internet traffic was
>routed through Pine Gap - this was proven to be false.
>
>Traffic was being redirected because of a dead link.

Suggest you contact the various news agencies and get your
stories out there. We'd love to see the documentation.

Stop 0x000001E

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:19:28 -0700, review committee wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:57:43 +1000, Wayne
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Imhotep wrote:
>>> "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last Wednesday,
>>> purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the National
>>> Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege that such
>>> rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
>>>
>>> From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology...l?tw=rss.index
>>>
>>> Imhotep

>>This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.
>>
>>A similar occurance was discovered when Australian internet traffic was
>>routed through Pine Gap - this was proven to be false.
>>
>>Traffic was being redirected because of a dead link.

>Suggest you contact the various news agencies and get your
>stories out there. We'd love to see the documentation.

http://www.narus.com/products/index.html

http://www.narus.com/partners/index.html

Technology Partners

Narus has selected the following technology partners for their
best-of-breed products, services and business practices to complement
and complete the Narus’ solutions.

Over the past 20 years, Pen-Link Ltd. has developed two core software
products for telecommunications intelligence collection, recording,
monitoring, analysis, and reporting: Pen-Link 8 and LINCOLN 2.
Together, these two software technologies provide a complete system
solution for any electronic surveillance (wire line, wireless,
satellite, ISP or VoIP). Pen-Link clients include the State
Department, Department of Homeland Security, US Marshals, US Secret
Service, and hundreds of state and local law enforcement agencies.

ManTech International Corporation is a leading provider of innovative
technologies and solutions for mission-critical national security
programs for the Intelligence Community; and the Departments of
Defense, State, Homeland Security, and Justice; the Space Community;
and other U.S. federal government customers. ManTech's expertise
includes systems engineering, systems integration, technology and
software development, enterprise security architecture, information
assurance, intelligence operations support, network and critical
infrastructure protection, information technology, communications
integration and engineering support.

Global Channel Partners

Datacraft markets and supports Narus’ high performance IP security,
monitoring and traffic classification solutions. Datacraft is the
leading independent IT services and solutions company in Asia Pacific.
Datacraft combines expertise in networking, security, operating
environments, storage and contact centre technologies, with advanced
skills in consulting, integration and managed services, to craft IT
solutions for businesses. A member of the Dimension Data Group,
Datacraft is listed on the main board of the Singapore Exchange, and
is a component company of the Straits Times Index. Datacraft spans
more than 50 major offices and has over 1,100 employees across 13 Asia
Pacific markets.

Giza Systems of Egypt, has licensed Narus’ comprehensive portfolio of
real-time traffic insight products in the Middle East region. Giza
Systems, a world-class systems provider of telecommunications
solutions in the Middle East, delivers ultra-high performance IP
security, monitoring and traffic classification solutions in Egypt,
Saudi Arabia and Palestine using the Narus system. Giza Systems, a
premier systems integrator and solution provider, supplies the local
and regional markets with the latest technologies in IT solutions.
Giza Systems covers a wide spectrum of the economy, such as Telecom,
Enterprise, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Manufacturing, Government and
Banking sectors.

VeriSign offers the entire suite of Narus products to its global
customer base as managed services or licensed software. This includes
capabilities for security, traffic analysis and lawful intercept.
VeriSign, Inc. operates intelligent infrastructure services that
enable and protect billions of interactions every day across the
world’s voice and data networks. Every day, VeriSign processes as many
as 15 billion Internet interactions and facilitate over 100 million
telephony queries. VeriSign also provides the services that help over
3,000 enterprises and 450,000 Web sites to operate securely, reliably,
and efficiently.

A points to a Wired interview of Mark Klein and Klein's statement:

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...?tw=wn_index_1

__________

New York Times, 7 April 2006

Court Filings Tell of Internet Spying

WASHINGTON, April 6 — A former AT&T technician said on Thursday that
the company cooperated with the National Security Agency in 2003 to
install equipment capable of "vacuum-cleaner surveillance" of e-mail
messages and other Internet traffic.

A statement by the technician, Mark Klein, and several company
documents he saved after retiring in 2004, were filed on Wednesday in
a class-action lawsuit against AT&T. The suit, filed in January in
federal court in San Francisco by the Electronic Frontier Foundation,
a civil liberties group, says the company helped the security agency
invade its customers' privacy. The documents provided by Mr. Klein
were filed under seal because of concerns about disclosing proprietary
information.

Mr. Klein's documents, some of which he had provided to The New York
Times, describe a room at the AT&T Internet and telephone hub in San
Francisco that contained a piece of equipment that could sift through
large volumes of Internet traffic.