vulnerable computers."

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4896348.stm

Imhotep

Sebastian Gottschalk

Imhotep wrote:
> From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4896348.stm

From TFA:

"PC users are being urged to apply software patches that close
"critical" vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows." [...]
"The CreateTextRange bug occurs in Microsoft's Internet Explorer"

Internet Explorer is not a part of Windows, it's a simple application.

"web browser"

Internet Explorer is no web browser and misusing it a such is provably
insecure. So what do they want? Patches patching the known
vulnerabilities won't make it secure either.

Dave (from the UK)

Imhotep wrote:
> "PC users are being urged to apply software patches that close "critical"
> vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows.
>
> Since coming to light in late March, the flaws have proved very popular with
> malicious hackers keen to steal confidential data from PCs.
>
> Hackers have created hundreds of web pages that use the bug to take over
> vulnerable computers."
>
> From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4896348.stm
>

> Imhotep

Now that is unusual - a serious flaw in an M$ product. Whatever next - the Sun
rising in the East and setting in the West?

--
Dave K MCSE.

Sebastian Gottschalk

Dave (from the UK) wrote:

> Now that is unusual - a serious flaw in an M$ product. Whatever next -
> the Sun rising in the East and setting in the West?

You should take a little talk to some northpole people.