Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Ad-Aware SE PLus vs Professional

Ad-Aware SE PLus vs Professional

John Gregory

I've been using Ad-Aware SE for a about two years but after reading about
their add-ins and the feature of scanning in real-time (Ad-Watch), I think I
should upgrade. But I'm confused about the product distinctions. The
benefits attributable to each that aren't shared by others seems to be as
follows:

Professional version:

"Terminate running processes via the Process-Watch viewer"

Ad-Aware SE Plus

"Adding the background-running Ad-Watch real-time monitor to the
free Personal edition, Ad-Aware SE Plus is now capable of not only scanning
the system after the fact but also preventing infection before it happens."

Q1) Is the "Process-watch" of the Professional version the same as
Ad-Watch of SE Plus but with the added feature of being able to stop
something in process?

Q2) Although I wouldn't know what to stop at this point, if it's
important and is described in the Professional instructions, I'll learn.
Otherwise. do I really need Professional? Or rephrased. is there something
else of significant benefit Professional provides?

Sebastian Gottschalk

John Gregory wrote:

> Q1) Is the "Process-watch" of the Professional version the same as
> Ad-Watch of SE Plus but with the added feature of being able to stop
> something in process?

It doesn't work anyway.

> Q2) Although I wouldn't know what to stop at this point, if it's
> important and is described in the Professional instructions, I'll learn.
> Otherwise. do I really need Professional? Or rephrased. is there something
> else of significant benefit Professional provides?

No, as you simply don't need it as a security measure, yet is it a
usable program.