Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Exchange AV question

Exchange AV question

Apollo

Hi there,

I'm running sbs 2000 with around 20 users, Groupshield Exchange (5.1
I think) has been taking care of the mailboxes but updates aren't
very regular and recently it's been causing the exchange store to
quit. Now we have the chance to change I'm looking for some advice
on what to upgrade to.

GSE has been doing a good job of filtering out the viruses, but I'm
wondering if there's anything better out there, something that
includes spam and maybe content filtering too.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to which products I should be
looking at. I should add that I'm no IT professional, just someone
that knows enough to get by most of the time, whilst doing my proper
job as well.

Thanks

--
Ian

donnie

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 18:25:40 +0100, "Apollo"
<ian_dunbar6@hot[un-munge-me]mail.com> wrote:

>GSE has been doing a good job of filtering out the viruses, but I'm
>wondering if there's anything better out there, something that
>includes spam and maybe content filtering too.

I just installed Trend Micro's Client Server Busisness Suite on a w2k
server and 15 mixed workstations, XP Pro and 2000. I didn't look into
spam filtering but I am totally satisfied w/ the way the install went
and the phone support is fantastic. Most AV programs only give email
support which is why I chose Trend. I called tech support 3 times and
all the techs were fantastic, especially Susan. I emailed her boss and
told him to give her a raise. I bet he didn't.
I was able to install it on all the machines without even leaving the
server. Another reason I went w/ Trend is because there was a local
reseller who had direct contact w/ Trend Micro and was able to get
answers to all my questions the same day. On the first scan it found
one workstation loaded w/ stuff. Once I took care of that, things
were ok. I higly recommend Trend Mirco cooporate products. Use a
local reseller if possible.

Apollo

"donnie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 18:25:40 +0100, "Apollo"
> <ian_dunbar6@hot[un-munge-me]mail.com> wrote:
>
>>GSE has been doing a good job of filtering out the viruses, but
>>I'm
>>wondering if there's anything better out there, something that
>>includes spam and maybe content filtering too.

> #############################################
> I just installed Trend Micro's Client Server Busisness Suite on a
> w2k
> server and 15 mixed workstations, XP Pro and 2000. I didn't look
> into
> spam filtering but I am totally satisfied w/ the way the install
> went
> and the phone support is fantastic. Most AV programs only give
> email
> support which is why I chose Trend. I called tech support 3 times
> and
> all the techs were fantastic, especially Susan. I emailed her boss
> and
> told him to give her a raise. I bet he didn't.
> I was able to install it on all the machines without even leaving
> the
> server. Another reason I went w/ Trend is because there was a
> local
> reseller who had direct contact w/ Trend Micro and was able to get
> answers to all my questions the same day. On the first scan it
> found
> one workstation loaded w/ stuff. Once I took care of that, things
> were ok. I higly recommend Trend Mirco cooporate products. Use a
> local reseller if possible.

Cheers donnie I'll take a look at their site.

--
Ian