Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Tor-MSN Messenger

Tor-MSN Messenger

George Orwell

How can I encrypt the conversation packets? Thanks.

George Orwell

George Orwell wrote:

> How can I encrypt the conversation packets? Thanks.

What do you mean by "encrypt the conversation packets"? Tor is designed to
make your "packets" anonymous. To do this it encrypts them between you
and a Tor exit node. After that they're no longer encrypted unless you're
using some other IM feature or IM capable encryption software/plugin/etc.

Assuming you want anonymous IM, does MSN Messenger support SOCKS proxies?

If "yes", configure MSN Messenger for SOCKS proxy on at 127.0.0.1:9050

If "no", get a real IM client and configure it for SOCKS proxy at
127.0.0.1:9050.