Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Black Hat Call for Papers and Registration now open

Black Hat Call for Papers and Registration now open

Black Hat Briefings Announcements

This is just a quick note to let you know that Black Hat USA 2006
registration
and Call for Papers is now open.

We expect another outstanding program, and with the addition of more floor
space at Caesars Palace we are able to bring you more selection in training
classes as well as presentations during the Briefings. Good news all
around!

What is the Black Hat Briefings?
The Black Hat Briefings was created to fill the need for computer security
professionals to better understand the security risks and potential
threats to
their information infrastructures and computer systems. Black Hat
accomplishes
this by assembling a group of vendor-neutral security professionals and
having
them speak candidly about the problems businesses face and their solutions
those problems. No gimmicks -- just straight talk by people who make it
their
business to explore the ever-changing security space.

Black Hat USA Briefings 2006 takes place at Caesars Palace Las Vegas,
Nevada,
August 2-3. Register now to take advantage of our early bird rate.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-regi...ration.html#us

Black Hat USA Training takes place July 29-30 and July 31-August 1.
We have ten new training offerings for 2006, including ROOTKIT: Advanced
2nd
Generation Digital Weaponry by Greg Hoglund and Jamie Butler, Advanced
Malware
Deobfuscation by Jason Geffner & Scott Lambert. We have tailored the
training
to help avoid overlap in subject matter, providing you with the best of
breed
of classes by instructors who are leaders in their field.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-...-06-index.html

The Black Hat USA 2006 Call for Papers closes May 1. Don't hesitate to
submit
your presentation, as time is running out.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-...sa-06-cfp.html

The Black Hat Europe 2006 Briefings was a success, with our largest
European
turnout to date. All presentations and tools from the event are available
at
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-medi...ives.html#eu-0
6

Register for the Black Hat USA 2006 show. Our early bird rate closes May
15,
so register now and save.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-regi...ration.html#us

Free Conference Archives of past presentations:
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-mult...ves-index.html

Thanks for your support. I'll see you in Vegas!

Jeff Moss