Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > CCleaner and Yahoo toolbar

CCleaner and Yahoo toolbar

Leon Trollski

CCleaner prompted for an update, and as no browsers were running, opened IE as default. The CCleaner site then included a Yahoo Toolbar pop-up, urging me to install.

No "No" button included.

Closing the popup caused the toolbar to install!!

MS Antispy promptly informed me of the installation.

Of course I deleted Yahoo toolbar immediately.

But this no-option forced install seems new to me.

optikl

Leon Trollski wrote:
> CCleaner prompted for an update, and as no browsers were running, opened IE as default. The CCleaner site then included a Yahoo Toolbar pop-up, urging me to install.
>
> No "No" button included.
>
> Closing the popup caused the toolbar to install!!
>
> MS Antispy promptly informed me of the installation.
>
> Of course I deleted Yahoo toolbar immediately.
>
> But this no-option forced install seems new to me.

I just installed the latest version. I was given the option (check box)
during the installation as to whether or not to accept the Yahoo
toolbar. Granted, it's a small box, but the option is there.