Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Stopping Quick Scans After Definitions Update on SAV10.0.2

Stopping Quick Scans After Definitions Update on SAV10.0.2

Mike Azzopardi

Hi

I hope someone can help me with the following problem.

Windows 2003 SP1
Symantec Antivirus 10.0.2

Everytime there is a definitions update, the quick scan runs and it
takes about 5 minutes to login. This is worse if a computer has been
off for a few days, as is seems to do a scan after each definitions
update when its comes back online.

I applied the regkeys as per
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...&osv_lvl=&seg=

but they haven't made a difference.