Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: Cryptainer LE

Re: Cryptainer LE

Fred

Thanks, will check it out.

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> I would appreciate any help you gurus can dish out on this problem
> installing Cryptainer LE...
>
> I saw Cryptainer being promoted by earthlink and downloaded the free
> LE version (full version is PE). Then I installed it, but never could
> get it to run on my Win98SE. (Supposed to run on everything from Win95
> on up.)
>
> After installing, I reboot, but then the installation program never
> resumes. If I try to run the program, I get this error message.....
>
> LOADER ERROR
> "The procedure entry point ChangeServiceConfig2A could not be located
> in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.DLL."
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Fred

You could thrash about getting Cryptainer to work or you could switch to
Truecrypt which has all of Cryptainer's functionality - and lots more!

What's more, Truecrypt is not only free but *open-source* as well.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/truecrypt/

and/or

http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads.php

Regards,

PS For an ancient OS like Win98SE you will have to use Truecrypt 1.0

http://rapidshare.de/files/16638001/...t_v10_v10a_v20
_binary_source_and_signatures.zip.html

[URL line may be split]

Contains versions 1.0, 1.0a and 2.0 (including source code & signatures) -
about 3 megs.

Cryptainer 64bit Kue2 Windows 64bit 0 09-11-2006 09:16 PM
Cryptainer LE Fred Computer Security 1 03-28-2006 03:31 PM

Advertisments