Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Norton Personal Firewall configuration for image/graphic viewing

Norton Personal Firewall configuration for image/graphic viewing

1940lasalle

Here's one you may have seen before: from time to time, I get the
dreaded red "X" (or its equal with Opera or Mozilla) where an image
should be if Norton Personal Firewall is enabled; if I disable it, the
image is viewable. I know that a GENERAL site can be configured as a
trusted site, but what if a site has several levels/pages that are
accessed from the home page? How does one configure an entire site,
the various levels/threads (for a message board) included so that one
sees any image on any page?

It's been suggested elsewhere that I junk Norton and go with another
firewall. At the moment, that's not an option, so I need a reasonable
work-around for the short term. Thanks.

donnie

On 24 Mar 2006 06:19:30 -0800, "1940lasalle" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Here's one you may have seen before: from time to time, I get the
>dreaded red "X" (or its equal with Opera or Mozilla) where an image
>should be if Norton Personal Firewall is enabled; if I disable it, the
>image is viewable. I know that a GENERAL site can be configured as a
>trusted site, but what if a site has several levels/pages that are
>accessed from the home page? How does one configure an entire site,
>the various levels/threads (for a message board) included so that one
>sees any image on any page?
>
>It's been suggested elsewhere that I junk Norton and go with another
>firewall. At the moment, that's not an option, so I need a reasonable
>work-around for the short term. Thanks.

Do URL strings make a difference in trusted sites? In other words,
let's say the URL is
www.quetejodas.net and you want to allow
www.quetejodas.net/chinga.html but you don't want to allow
www.quetejodas.net/culear.html
Can you enter those w/ the strings after the / and have it separate
those pages within the site?

But the first answer was correct. Junk Norton.