Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > one dongle on 2 computers

one dongle on 2 computers

Frank Oz

I have a program for which I have to use a security key (dongle).

I would like to use the program on two computers using only the "one"
dongle.

The computers are side by side.

I have a netgear router with printer port, fitting the dongle to this port
doesn't give me any result.

I have no objection to buy an other router if that will solve the problem.

Any advice would be most welcome

Borderline909@aol.com

Frank Oz wrote:
> I have a program for which I have to use a security key (dongle).
>
> I would like to use the program on two computers using only the "one"
> dongle.
>
> The computers are side by side.
>
> I have a netgear router with printer port, fitting the dongle to this port
> doesn't give me any result.
>
> I have no objection to buy an other router if that will solve the problem.
>

> Any advice would be most welcome

David H. Lipman

From: "Frank Oz" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| I have a program for which I have to use a security key (dongle).
|
| I would like to use the program on two computers using only the "one"
| dongle.
|
| The computers are side by side.
|
| I have a netgear router with printer port, fitting the dongle to this port
| doesn't give me any result.
|
| I have no objection to buy an other router if that will solve the problem.
|
| Any advice would be most welcome

Forget the idea. It can't be done and that's why an external hardware key is used. You'll
need to buy another license which will provide you with another key.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Jim Watt

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:44:14 GMT, "Frank Oz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a program for which I have to use a security key (dongle).
>
>I would like to use the program on two computers using only the "one"
>dongle.
>
>The computers are side by side.
>
>I have a netgear router with printer port, fitting the dongle to this port
>doesn't give me any result.
>
>I have no objection to buy an other router if that will solve the problem.

It won't

What you are describing seems to be a parallel port dongle and it must
be connected to a real port on the machine.

If you fit an AB switch you can use it on both machines but not
obviously at the same time.

If you need to use it on both concurrently, buy another licence
which is why the supplier uses a dongle.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

AvetanaOBEX , dongle + btw driver bokiteam@ms21.hinet.net Java 0 09-12-2005 10:12 AM
USB to IRDA Dongle @ ThinkComputers.org Silverstrand Front Page News 3 09-06-2005 06:03 AM
dongle Bigfred Computer Support 2 08-17-2004 01:29 PM
Drivers for Bluetake USB dongle BT009S jeDrASS Computer Support 4 12-05-2003 10:07 AM
Bluetooth dongle ]v[etaphoid Computer Support 1 10-21-2003 12:35 PM

Advertisments