Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: FTP Client With File Encryption For Remote Backup?

Re: FTP Client With File Encryption For Remote Backup?

D. Spencer Hines

If you want to encrypt some files -- put them on an FTP Server at an ISP --
insist that the ISP have no access to them, or anyone else, except as you
designate and/or control -- I want the Department of Homeland Security to be
checking into what you are up to -- through the FBI, and other Agencies as
appropriate.

Great Way For Terrorists To Position Data And Plans -- Encrypted -- For
Pickup By Confederates -- On An ISP FTP Server.

Don't You Pogues Realize We Are At War?

Damned, If You Aren't Gullible, Naive Children!

Now, Go Stand In The Dunces' Corner -- With Your Faces To The Wall.

DSH

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Fortem Posce Animum

Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum

Borked Pseudo Mailed

D. Spencer Hines wrote:

> If you want to encrypt some files -- put them on an FTP Server at an ISP
> -- insist that the ISP have no access to them, or anyone else, except as
> you designate and/or control -- I want the Department of Homeland Security
> to be checking into what you are up to -- through the FBI, and other
> Agencies as appropriate.

And I want twin blond virgin nymphomaniacs with no gag reflexes to beg me
for sex.

Fortunately for the subset of the population of this planet with an
opposing thumb, my wants are far more likely to come to fruition than
yours.

> Great Way For Terrorists To Position Data And Plans -- Encrypted -- For
> Pickup By Confederates -- On An ISP FTP Server.

No, it's really not a great way. It's a really bad way in fact. Anyone
could replace those files with bogus versions or delete them all together,
completely boogering all their meticulous terrorist plans. Or log access
to those files and capture everyone involved. Or predict an incident by
way of traffic analysis. Or any number of other attacks leaving your
encrypted data laying around might open you up to.

A really great way would be to send a trusted courier from 'A' to 'B' with
those encrypted files copied to a USB device, which has been double
wrapped in condoms, tied with dental floss, and swallowed. Obviously,
rubbers and dental floss are dire threats to our national security. If you
purchase these things you should be required to provide me with video
evidence that you've used them in a proper, acceptable manner.

A slightly less great way would be to set up some sort of "VPN" that
masqueraded as your typical HTTPS connection to some auction site like
eBay or an innocuous looking on line coffee mug store.

If you're shopping on line, I want the Department of Homeland Security
to be checking into what you are up to -- through the FBI, and other
Agencies as appropriate...

<sigh>

P.T. Barnum was spot on.

D. Spencer Hines

This would be twin blond males, of course.

An anonymous pervert...That's "Borked Pseudo Mailed".

I prefer blondes.

DSH

"Borked Pseudo Mailed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) d.net...

> And I want twin blond [sic] virgin nymphomaniacs with no gag reflexes to
> beg me for sex...

Borked Pseudo Mailed

D. Spencer Hines wrote:

> This would be twin blond males, of course.

Glaring lack of any intelligent rebuttal is noted...

By the way, have you stopped to consider the ramifications of the article
you posted, supposedly in defense of your anal retentive idiocy? They were
*caught* Einstein, and their communications *intercepted*. By some
strange twist of fate is there a single synapses in that empty head of
yours that still retains the ability to assimilate the idea that getting
caught really isn't what budding terrorists might want? That those
intercepted communications, even if they just showed who was communicating
with who, are a *DETRIMENT* to their warped cause?

Spence ol' bean, you truly are that useful idiot. So eager to serve,
you'll go as far as posting contrary evidence to prop up your handler's
failing agenda.

Good doggy!