Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Secureix service question

Secureix service question

Sam Bertui

Could someone give me some input on this site:

www.secureix.com

I took out their freebie service mainly to learn a bit about VPN.
Anyway, finally got Dun v1.4 working (previously on Dun 1.3) and can
vpn-connect to it ok.

My questions are,

(1) why does my IP address, given by my isp, remain visible? i.e. when I
go to a website that does DNS look-ups of the form what is my ip
address. I thought that having a VPN would give a different IP address??
The brief blurb on this site leads to that expectation anyway.

(2) Apart from routing my DNS look-ups (in web browsing)to another DNS
server, this service doesn't seem to be doing anything.

OR should i be configuring something else, either in windows, or in Firefox?

Thanks for any feedback.

lgr_joly@yahoo.com

I don't know this service but my guess is that you need to configure
your web browser to use a proxy server they should make available...

Kind regards
Ludovic Joly