Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Fireproof / Waterproof chest suggestions

Fireproof / Waterproof chest suggestions

Juergen Nieveler

Frazer Jolly Goodfellow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The blurb states:
> "Airtight keeping smoke and gases out"
>
> Wouldn't that imply watertight, to some degree at least?

Watertight against rain, perhaps - but not against being thrown into
water, as water pressure will be higher than for example the pressure
of smoke.

Juergen Nieveler
--
Next time read the fortune befo... [bitten off]

Roy

Good old Woolies sell one. Not sure of the ratings though.
Roy.
"Juergen Nieveler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The blurb states:
> "Airtight keeping smoke and gases out"
>
> Wouldn't that imply watertight, to some degree at least?

Watertight against rain, perhaps - but not against being thrown into
water, as water pressure will be higher than for example the pressure
of smoke.

Juergen Nieveler
--
Next time read the fortune befo... [bitten off]

Shane Petroff

Midnight Moocher wrote:

> A little over my budget, this one is suitable for plastic media, but I'm not
> sure if it's waterproof:
> http://www.safeoptions.co.uk/sotn/dp...oducts_id/3876

The price quoted on that link is a measely 139.00. If your data isn't
worth that much why bother to back it up at all?

--
Shane