Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Max Security

Max Security

Nowhere

What ways do you suggest to protect access to your computer. Passwords, etc

Todd H.

"Nowhere" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> What ways do you suggest to protect access to your computer. Passwords, etc

Ah, the well-constrained question.

Lock the room it's in, you keep the only key. Make sure it's not a
drop ceiling. Never connect it to any network or the internet.

To get better advice, you'll need to fill in some details as to what
you're concerned about protecting, what OS it's running, the
environment the machine is used in (physical and network), what its
used for, and how many users have to access it....

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

(admins) privacyoffshore

We have free very capable encryption software up on our site, stop by
and have a look, it should fit the bill.

* www.privacyoffshore.net (No Logs Internet Surfing)
* Anonymous Secure Offshore SSH-2 Surfing Tunnels
* Anonymous Mail & News through SSH-2 Tunnels
* Free Resources and Privacy Software

cypher

nemo_outis

cypher <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dsgor3$q8u$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Nowhere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:dsfufr$au8$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> What ways do you suggest to protect access to your computer.
>> Passwords, etc

> You can start here:
> Security and Encryption Faq - Revision 21
> by Doctor Who
> http://tinyurl.com/8mwqf
>
> Regards,
> cypher

The FAQ is good but IMHO is far too light on boring but important stuff
like physical security.

Regards,

want max width and max height as long as not exceed 100px Summercool HTML 9 10-23-2007 02:27 AM
ADSL Max/Max Gordy NZ Computing 6 11-24-2006 11:41 PM
Textarea max rows and max characters per row Greg Ferris Javascript 2 01-16-2004 07:21 PM
Max Apperture and Max. Shutter Speed Confusion-HELP bhaskar Digital Photography 12 07-22-2003 05:17 PM

Advertisments