Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Backup

Backup

Donnie

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:L46Ff.155279$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Donnie" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:u3dEf.586653$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:KYZDf.43631$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Which software would you recommend for backup and why?
> > >

> > ##############################
> > I recommend FTP backups to a remote server because on site backups are
> > worthless in cases like New Orleans.
> > Forget Norton or anything made by Symantec.
> > donnie

> I see your point. The server could fail as well, though, so I guess that a
> mixed solution would be the best.
> What if the server had been in New Orleans?
>

> --
> Luigi Donatello Asero

It was New Orleans that had sealed the idea in my mind, that an FTP backup
was a better way to go and you're correct, a mixed solution that includes an
FTP backup is best. I have been trying to get a client of mine, a mortgage
company, to add FTP to the tape backup. They just keep saying not yet.
Another thought is 2 FTP backups are better than one. One thing I don't
like about tape backups is the compression. I would like to be able to list
the files in a directory which I can do through FTP.
donnie