Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Pix logon page comes up when surfing to some sites

Pix logon page comes up when surfing to some sites

Chris Gumm

Every now and again, when I go to some web sites, the Pix logon box will
come up. I haven't been keeping track of which web sites because it seams to
be random. I haven't touched the config of the pix in some time now. Just
curios is that normally behavior? Is there something I need to turn off?
It's a Pix 501 that is doing this.

Walter Roberson

In article <3fd0e829$0$54346$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chris Gumm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Every now and again, when I go to some web sites, the Pix logon box will
:come up. I haven't been keeping track of which web sites because it seams to
:be random. I haven't touched the config of the pix in some time now. Just
:curios is that normally behavior? Is there something I need to turn off?
:It's a Pix 501 that is doing this.

I'm not quite clear on your situation. Do you have PIX AAA authentication
turned on and the PIX is periodically reprompting you when you don't
expect it? Or do you not have AAA turned on but the PIX's WWW page itself
is coming up in some instances where you expect someone else's page
to show up?
--
Positrons can be described as electrons traveling backwards in time.
Certainly many Usenet arguments about the past become clearer when they