Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > I zap Google cookies but it tracks me by IP - what else?

I zap Google cookies but it tracks me by IP - what else?

Röb

What about Onion routing - works for me - but it is slow at times.

http://tor.eff.org/

Ron Lopshire

Sparks wrote:

> "WM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4631924.stm
>>
>>I zap my Google browser cookies but now I learn from the recent news
>>that Google tracks every inquiry I made including my IP number. I
>>guess there's no way to prevent it.

> Just go here - http://proxify.com/ then Google cant track you - easy.
>
> Just to prove it, go there, then from there, go to www.myipaddress.com and
> see the results - it wont be your address it sees!

Also, Google Cookie Anonymizer:

(http://www.imilly.com/google-cookie.htm)

Ron

Ant

"Patrick Schaaf" wrote:

> "Ant" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>Try the Google scraper at http://www.scroogle.org/

> Which then will be able to track the OP.

http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm
says: "no search-term records", "access log deleted after 7 days".

See also here for some details:
http://www.scroogle.org/gscrape.html

Leon Trollski

"(admins) privacyoffshore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Yahoo and Alta Vista are a great alternative, give them a try, you
> probably won't see any difference on a basic search. Alta Vista gives
> a language and search area preference right on the search page .
>

> * Anonymous Secure Offshore SHH-2 Surfing Tunnels
> * Anonymous mail & news through SHH-2 Tunnels
> * www.privacyoffshore.net (no logs Internet)
> * www.privacyoffshore.info (no logs Internet)

These boys are already complying with the very BushAdmin request that
Google is fighting.
Are you suggesting we help further?

usenet@isbd.co.uk

In uk.telecom.broadband Alex Heney <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:39:54 +0000 (UTC), "R. Mark Clayton"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"WM" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
> >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4631924.stm
> >>
> >> I zap my Google browser cookies but now I learn from the recent news
> >> that Google tracks every inquiry I made including my IP number. I
> >> guess there's no way to prevent it.
> >>
> >> As I'm on cable and my IP address hasn't changed in months then
> >> Google can reliably track my interests, habits, preferences, shop
> >> sites, etc etc. I have nothing to hide but I'm not sure I want
> >> Google to keep all that data about me.
> >>
> >> What good alternatives are there to Google as a regular search
> >> engine?

> >What IP address - these are normally negotiated on a per session basis.
> >

> Define "normally".
>
> MANY ISPs give fixed IP addresses as standard with broadband accounts.

A much better approach is to browse from a server system that hundreds
of people use, then the IP address is of no use at all, well some use
but not much.

--
Chris Green

Borked Pseudo Mailed

Ant wrote:

> "Patrick Schaaf" wrote:
>
>> "Ant" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>Try the Google scraper at http://www.scroogle.org/

>> Which then will be able to track the OP.

> http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm says: "no search-term
> records", "access log deleted after 7 days".

I have this bridge you may be interested in...

By the way, did I tell you my mother was a virgin?

Ant

"Borked Pseudo Mailed" wrote:

> I have this bridge you may be interested in...

Keep it. Your need is greater than mine.

> By the way, did I tell you my mother was a virgin?

And your father smelled of elderberries.

By the way, your borked remailer borked your References header.

Donnie

> There is a cost to using google or any search engine. Donny indicated
> that this is why their stock dropped. Personally I believe the drop is
> an overdue adjustment and has no relevance to Googles wanting to ask a
> judge before being forced to expend resources without recompense.

####################################
If that stock continues to drop in the next wek or two, will you still
believe that it has nothing to do w/ the current google problem?
donnie.

Winged

Donnie wrote:
>>There is a cost to using google or any search engine. Donny indicated
>>that this is why their stock dropped. Personally I believe the drop is
>>an overdue adjustment and has no relevance to Googles wanting to ask a
>>judge before being forced to expend resources without recompense.

> ####################################
> If that stock continues to drop in the next wek or two, will you still
> believe that it has nothing to do w/ the current google problem?
> donnie.

Nope, though either way I made a mistake not buying Google stock, never
dreamed the stock would climb like it did. I do trade stocks, and I
consider, and have considered google to be very over priced even at its
initial IPO price, let alone the heights it climbed. So no I would not
be surprised to see it fall to nearer its true value as it relates to
dividends not potential future value.

I believe the fall was facilitated by some Japanese market issues and is
an overdue overall correction in the markets. Google is not the only
stock that has been falling.

That said, Google joint venture with Sun may provide some interesting
competition with Microsoft s fight for the desktop. I suspect it may
provide more pressure than even Linux has done to the server market. It
should be a fun development to watch. What that future value will be,
is still yet to be written, but I am glad they are in there. It will be
interesting to see if Google plans a data collection OS...

Google should be praised for not rolling over and providing their data.
Their behavior is surprising in todays world. The fact that they are
collecting search data and providing relevant paying advertisers some
priority in search should not be surprising. Archive.org has been
collecting page data since the early Internet days. The key is to be
cognizant of their behavior. Their behaviors and morals are a step
above most of the other commercial advertising Internet ventures.
Microsoft, Yahoo just turned the records over, at least Google had the
nads to say not so fast. Can you imagine if they changed their
behavior to that of double click, yahoo, or Avenue A? I can live with a
cookie (although I don't more than a session). Data collection is their
business! They collect only what you voluntarily provide and do not
insert trackers to attempt to watch all of your activity as some of the
others attempt to do.

Google is a commercial venture offering a service for free. One should
be acutely aware of TANSTASFL (Their ain't no such thing as a free
lunch) although the Open source model is close.

Winged

There ain't no Santa Claus, objects may be closer than they appear, the
speed of light is subject to change, breaking seal constitutes
acceptance of agreement. Disclaimer does not cover hurricane, lightning,
tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, flood,and other Acts of
God, misuse, neglect, unauthorized repair, damage from improper
installation, broken antenna or marred cabinet, incorrect line voltage,
missing or altered serial numbers, sonic boom vibrations,
electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts. Documents are provided
"as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. Flames redirected
to /dev/null. If condition persists, consult your physician. If defects
are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself, but return to an
authorized service center. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, if
symptoms persist, consult a doctor. Subject to change without notice.
Your mileage may vary.

Olive

Altavista was bought out I think by Google or google-owned company.

Anyway to Zap Oriental Character Email? Sam Computer Support 2 01-11-2005 05:15 PM
Win2K --> XP Pro SP2 - ZAP no WLAN :-( =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBJLiBTdGVwaGVu?= Wireless Networking 5 11-25-2004 11:09 AM
ZAP! Gary G. Taylor Computer Support 15 01-20-2004 03:57 AM
Incredimail and ZAP Colin Computer Support 2 11-21-2003 12:47 PM

Advertisments