Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > MS Patch release for Embedded Web Fonts code execution vulnerability

Reply
Thread Tools

MS Patch release for Embedded Web Fonts code execution vulnerability

 
 
Winged
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2006
Took long enough however better late than never.

MS has released patch for this exploit.

It affects all WinX versions. 159 days for a critical exploit patch, yes
I am comforted with MS.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-002.mspx

Winged
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Donnie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2006

"Winged" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:493d0$43c45ac1$45493f2f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Took long enough however better late than never.
>
> MS has released patch for this exploit.
>
> It affects all WinX versions. 159 days for a critical exploit patch, yes
> I am comforted with MS.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-002.mspx
>
> Winged

#############################
Have you installed the patch and are there an side effects besides the
normal headache of windows?
donnie


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Winged
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2006
Donnie wrote:
> "Winged" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:493d0$43c45ac1$45493f2f$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Took long enough however better late than never.
>>
>>MS has released patch for this exploit.
>>
>>It affects all WinX versions. 159 days for a critical exploit patch, yes
>>I am comforted with MS.
>>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-002.mspx
>>
>>Winged

>
> #############################
> Have you installed the patch and are there an side effects besides the
> normal headache of windows?
> donnie
>
>

I have noted no issues on 1000+ machines with no noted failures or
impacts. This one "seems" to be very painless to deploy.

Winged
 
Reply With Quote
 
Donnie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2006

"Winged" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:32124$43c62dad$45493f2f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Donnie wrote:
> > "Winged" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:493d0$43c45ac1$45493f2f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>Took long enough however better late than never.
> >>
> >>MS has released patch for this exploit.
> >>
> >>It affects all WinX versions. 159 days for a critical exploit patch, yes
> >>I am comforted with MS.
> >>
> >>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-002.mspx
> >>
> >>Winged

> >
> > #############################
> > Have you installed the patch and are there an side effects besides the
> > normal headache of windows?
> > donnie
> >
> >

> I have noted no issues on 1000+ machines with no noted failures or
> impacts. This one "seems" to be very painless to deploy.
>
> Winged

###################################
I'm glad to hear that.
donnie


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft Excel Unspecified Remote Code Execution Vulnerability imhotep Computer Security 0 06-21-2006 01:55 AM
Microsoft Word Unspecified Remote Code Execution Vulnerability Imhotep Computer Security 0 06-03-2006 02:49 AM
Microsoft Internet Explorer JavaScript OnLoad Handler Remote Code Execution Vulnerability Imhotep Computer Security 6 12-21-2005 06:14 AM
TrendMicro Vulnerability in VSAPI ARJ parsing could allow Remote Code execution David H. Lipman Computer Security 0 03-03-2005 03:16 AM



Advertisments