Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Need help with Zonealarm. Can't connect to internet

Need help with Zonealarm. Can't connect to internet

Notan

Notan wrote:

> black hat wrote:
> >
> > Try a firewall called tiny personal firewall or kerio, you can set them
> > up at www.grc.com, just go to shields up, (say no to all the probes).
> > If you have about $100 and are using high speed look at
> > www.alphashield.com.
> >
> > I learned about these here on the net and use alpha shield, all are
> > excellent,

> Just an FYI... Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt
> Software. Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.

An addendum... It appears that Sunbelt is currently offering KPF for $14.95.

I paid $45.00. Damn!

Notan

Alan Illeman

"Notan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Notan wrote:
> >
> > black hat wrote:
> > >
> > > Try a firewall called tiny personal firewall or kerio, you can set them
> > > up at www.grc.com, just go to shields up, (say no to all the probes).
> > > If you have about $100 and are using high speed look at
> > > www.alphashield.com.
> > >
> > > I learned about these here on the net and use alpha shield, all are
> > > excellent,

> > Just an FYI... Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt
> > Software. Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.

> An addendum... It appears that Sunbelt is currently offering KPF for $14.95.

Thanks for the tip, I've ditched 2.1.5 in favour of 4 (especially following the
"Kerio 2.1.5: handling fragmented packets" thread).

Notan

Alan Illeman wrote:

> "Notan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Notan wrote:

> > > Just an FYI... Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt
> > > Software. Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.

> > An addendum... It appears that Sunbelt is currently offering KPF for $14.95.

> Thanks for the tip, I've ditched 2.1.5 in favour of 4 (especially following the
> "Kerio 2.1.5: handling fragmented packets" thread).

Glad to help!

I just receieved an e-mail, from Sunbelt, stating that yearly updates
will cost $9.95.

From what I can tell, this is probably the least expensive, *quality*
firewall, now with the least expensive yearly updates.

I'm hooked!

Notan