Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > book recommendation to install AND harden/secure LAMP (linux, apache, mysql, php)?

book recommendation to install AND harden/secure LAMP (linux, apache, mysql, php)?

NotGiven

I've been programming php for a while and now need to learn to install &
harden a LAMP server.

Please recommend a book that takes someon who doesn't know much about Linux
and walks them step-by-step through installing and hardening LAMP.

Many thanks.

Ray Tayek

"NotGiven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bdHmf.5484$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been programming php for a while and now need to learn to install &
> harden a LAMP server.

this book if free online: http://www.chongluo.com/books/rute/. it's a good
place to start.

> Please recommend a book that takes someon who doesn't know much about
> Linux
> and walks them step-by-step through installing and hardening LAMP. ...

i am not a security expert. but you will mostly restrict services (the stuff
listed in /etc/services). fool around with /etc/hosts.allow (and deny(,.
iptables. using ssh instead of telenet. encrypted port forwarding. get the
latest apps and paches. build your own kernal if you are really
paranoid.etc.

try to find a local linux user group and attend:
http://www.linux.org/groups/.

thanks