Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > VMWARE offers free client player

VMWARE offers free client player

Winged

VMware has a "Free" beta player software package that allows you to
utilize virtual machines that have been created with VMware. While the
player is limited (ie will not allow you to create your own vm's) it is
useful for those on winx platforms who want to play with Linux.

There are preconfigured Linux vms for Red hat and SUSE, IBM, BEA, mysql
configs, (grid oracle and spike) (which i am not familiar with).

While I own a VMware workstation license, thought this might be useful
to those who might want to play in Linux before jumping in with both
feet. The player comes in both Linux and winx versions.I have used
VMware for a long time. I highly recommend the workstation product
however this might be useful to some.

There is also a browser appliance VM based of UBANTU which might be
interesting to some.

You probably should have high speed connection, some of the available VM
packages are huge...

Thought I'd pass along.

Winged

Winged

Winged wrote:
> VMware has a "Free" beta player software package that allows you to
> utilize virtual machines that have been created with VMware. While the
> player is limited (ie will not allow you to create your own vm's) it is
> useful for those on winx platforms who want to play with Linux.
>
> There are preconfigured Linux vms for Red hat and SUSE, IBM, BEA, mysql
> configs, (grid oracle and spike) (which i am not familiar with).
>
> While I own a VMware workstation license, thought this might be useful
> to those who might want to play in Linux before jumping in with both
> feet. The player comes in both Linux and winx versions.I have used
> VMware for a long time. I highly recommend the workstation product
> however this might be useful to some.
>
> There is also a browser appliance VM based of UBANTU which might be
> interesting to some.
>
> You probably should have high speed connection, some of the available VM
> packages are huge...
>
> Thought I'd pass along.
>
> Winged

Oppsd forgot link:

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/vm/

Winged

claudel

In article <50738$43938169$45493f2f$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Winged <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Winged wrote:
>> VMware has a "Free" beta player software package that allows you to
>> utilize virtual machines that have been created with VMware. While the
>> player is limited (ie will not allow you to create your own vm's) it is
>> useful for those on winx platforms who want to play with Linux.
>>
>> There are preconfigured Linux vms for Red hat and SUSE, IBM, BEA, mysql
>> configs, (grid oracle and spike) (which i am not familiar with).
>>
>> While I own a VMware workstation license, thought this might be useful
>> to those who might want to play in Linux before jumping in with both
>> feet. The player comes in both Linux and winx versions.I have used
>> VMware for a long time. I highly recommend the workstation product
>> however this might be useful to some.
>>
>> There is also a browser appliance VM based of UBANTU which might be
>> interesting to some.
>>
>> You probably should have high speed connection, some of the available VM
>> packages are huge...
>>
>> Thought I'd pass along.
>>
>> Winged

>Oppsd forgot link: