Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Weird..

Weird..

Donnie

> it's all the time the same, with any explorer that i already have here
> InternetExplorer, Firefox, Opera..
> all url leads to fake page with that weirdo code
> something had to be changed in the registry
> i just finish an virus scan (G-Data2006) and a Ad-Aware scan
> found nothing..
>
> --

##########################
Click start, run, type regedit and press enter.
Look in
HKLM
Software
MIcrosoft
Windows
CurrentVersion
Run
Many things hide themselves in the run folder. Post what you see if you
don't understand it.
Also, click edit, find, type in redirect and press enter. Continue serching
for any redirects by using the F3 button until the search is finished.
donnie.

ted

"ToYKillAS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:438ca795$0$22184$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> ToYKillAS wrote:
>> yesterday i open a .jpg posted on a channel on irc
>> then i had a window ask me or not to reboot the system (windows 2000
>> sp4) to take in count the new changes
>>
>> today when i turn on the computer
>> all the web site leads to a "fake" google.com
>> with this code in source http://217.117.55.52/damn.txt
>> i can't surf anymore, with any explorers
>> ideas ?
>>
>> thx
>>

> FIXED
> i was ****ing scared and ready to finish forever to use windows
> a friend told me to install: "Microsoft AntiSpyware"
>
> and he found direclty (that Ad-Aware didn't find)
>
> * WindUpdates
> Type: Browser Plug-in
> Threat Level: Severe
> Author: WindUpdates.com

> advertising.
>
> * 180Solutions.SearchAssistant
> Type: Adware
> Threat Level: High
> Author: 180Solutions

> browsing activity and displays pop-up advertisements related to the
> Internet sites you are viewing.
>
> * 7AdPower
> Type: Browser Modifier
> Threat Level: High
> Author: 7H

> homepage, without adequate consent.
>
> --

IRONY ALARM
http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/12/02/18...sues-zonelabs/

Zone Labs, an Internet security firm, has been sued by 180solutions. The
documents filed in Washington state claim that Zone Labs wrongfully
classifies 180solutions' software as spyware. The suit seeks unspecified
monetary damages and to have Zonelabs remove the spyware warning for
180solutions' products.