Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: Truecrypt 4.1

Re: Truecrypt 4.1

TwistyCreek

In article <(E-Mail Removed) t>
Borked Pseudo Mailed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> nemo_outis wrote:
>
> > Carsten Krueger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:1o25t3fbazblo$(E-Mail Removed)-fqdn.de:

> >> If it's crypto software, you as the author has a very big
> >> responsibility. And the simplist thing is to say: we have a problem. Not
> >> happend -> bad.

> >> If their is a real problem, it's easy to take http://www.ezboard.com/ or
> >> something like this.
> >>
> >> greetings
> >> Carsten

> > You really are a consummate dunce, aren't you?
> >
> > You seem to have a strange sense of entitlement. The authors of a free
> > program have exactly ZERO duty or responsibility - least of all to you, a
> > whining parasite!

> The price one charges for a product and their liability and responsibility
> for that product are NOT synonymous nemo. Sorry. If it doesn't work as
> advertised they're liable for any damages it might cause, and that has
> nothing at all to do with how much money they make off it.

If you're not paying me for my product then you can go **** up a
rope.

> In the case of TrueCrypt they're offering software that allegedly secures
> data. If there's some flaw that makes this software insecure and they
> DON'T make an acceptable effort to fix that flaw they're negligent. Again,
> no matter what they're charging for the product.
>
> This is the cross ALL software authors must bear. If you don't want to
> play the game, stay home.

If you like it so well, then YOU live with it. As for me, If I
charge nothing for it, then NOTHING is what I will accept in
terms of liability. You can take your bullshit negligence
charge and stuff it up your ass.

> > And, no, the best thing is *not* to say "we have a problem," the best
> > thing is to *fix* the problem. And that is exactly what the authors did!
> > Quickly too!

> I agree. But I also see the fact that they had no choice but to address
> the problem in a timely manner. They did exactly what they had to do.
> Nothing more, nothing less.
>
> I don't know anything at all bout the forums thing.
>
> > First, you bitched that the forums were down and now, when someone
> > sarcastically puts the boots to you, you are dismissive that it is a "real
> > problem." Hell, you didn't even realize I was skewering you. What a
> > buffoon!
> >
> > Regards,

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified. You need a valid hashcash token to post to groups other
than alt.test and alt.anonymous.messages. Visit www.panta-rhei.dyndns.org
for abuse and hashcash info.

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

In article <Xns971D77C84718Eabcxyzcom@204.153.244.170>
"nemo_outis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):

> >> Can I have some of whatever you're on? It must be good stuff.
> >> Except for wild speculation, you have not pointed to anything that
> >> would have the remotest chance of standing up a a basis of claim.

> > Having been sued, professionally witnessed, won and lost, on such
> > cases, Ill take the realities I know for the theory you purport.
> >
> >> So, let me extend to you the same invitation I made to Borky: cite
> >> some cases - ****, any cases! - of successful suits for failing to
> >> update free software. Any jurisdiction - I'll even settle for
> >> Burkina Faso.
> >>
> >> Regards,

> > It's not worth the effort to attempt to dissuade folks like you who
> > have delusional senses of actual court actions.

> Oh, to the contrary, Ari, I'm most eager to learn. Public humiliation is a
> small price to pay to improve my understanding and correct my errors - I'm
> more than willing to pay that price.
>
> So since you boast above that you have "won and lost" such cases, please be
> so good as to cite them. Don't let a misplaced sense of compassion
> dissuade you - crush me with the full specific details. After all, with
> your first-hand knowledge and the cases being a matter of public record,
> you should have no problems doing so, right?
>
> Put up or shut up, Ari - cite the cases!
>
> Regards,

I guess that he'll have to shut up then... since he's not a
lawyer... he's the guru of barcode email