Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > how to allow different companies to use a site without logging in?

how to allow different companies to use a site without logging in?

NotGiven

Researching methodolgies where I open up an web site to different companies
without having to manage the user ID and password for every person in every
company.

Thoughts include:
1--create a different certificate (like SSL or Apache generated cert) for
each new company then log them in based on that.
2--somehow integrate with company' network login system
3--check users' referrer domain to verify company - easily spoofed?

Other ideas?

David H. Lipman

From: "NotGiven" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| Researching methodolgies where I open up an web site to different companies
| without having to manage the user ID and password for every person in every
| company.
|
| Thoughts include:
| 1--create a different certificate (like SSL or Apache generated cert) for
| each new company then log them in based on that.
| 2--somehow integrate with company' network login system
| 3--check users' referrer domain to verify company - easily spoofed?
|
| Other ideas?

Maybe PKI ?

Then the would need a specific Security Certificate associated with a Smart Card to gain
access.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm