Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: The slurp heard round the world

Re: The slurp heard round the world

Rebecca

James Egan wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:28:29 GMT, Peter J Ross
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> No it didn't. It showed an X-Newsreader header. If you're under the
>> impression that X-Newsreader can't be faked, read my headers.
>>
>>> Our dear friend Relic also is a user of it.
>>> OutLook Express, and all of it's wonderful exploitability.

>> Sure. <pats Dustbin on the head> Just continue with your delightfully
>> innocent belief that X headers are somehow *real*.
>>

> And in the very next post Rebecca chirps in with
>
> "I don't use Google groups to post like you because I know how to make
> OE a newsreader"
>
> Peter, if you're going to come up with some technical ruse about
> header spoofing you'd better train the less formidable members of your
> little band of kooks not to give the game away. lol.

BFD. I have never denied using OE. I've tried others and always returned to
OE because I like its capabilities better than the others. Now, did you have
some sort of point you were trying to make that I missed?

James Egan

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 09:01:49 -0800, "Rebecca"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>BFD. I have never denied using OE. I've tried others and always returned to
>OE because I like its capabilities better than the others. Now, did you have
>some sort of point you were trying to make that I missed?

You and relic better sort your act out with Peter before he presses on
with his faked headers ruse. lol.

Jim

relic

James Egan wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 09:01:49 -0800, "Rebecca"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> BFD. I have never denied using OE. I've tried others and always
>> returned to OE because I like its capabilities better than the
>> others. Now, did you have some sort of point you were trying to make
>> that I missed?

> You and relic better sort your act out with Peter before he presses on
> with his faked headers ruse. lol.

Actually, it was "Dustbin Kook the .NetLo0n" that started the whole thing
with our Headers. He thought he had discovered a new planet or something by
looking at our headers and was claiming naming rights. Peter made him look
the fool. The thread digressed into "Dustbin Kook the .NetLo0n" trying to
defend his stupidity. While we also affirmed his stupidity, he kept trying
to impress upon us that he was actually twice as stupid as we were saying.

It's been fun to watch "Dustbin Kook the .NetLo0n"'s decline... Peter
deserves "Thanks" for contributing to it.

If you plan on following along, note that "Dustbin Kook the .NetLo0n" has
since changed his nick a couple of times: "(E-Mail Removed)" and
most recently, "Gremlin".

--
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Dustin Cook

relic wrote:

> If you plan on following along, note that "Dustbin Kook the .NetLo0n" has
> since changed his nick a couple of times: "(E-Mail Removed)" and
> most recently, "Gremlin".

changed my nick? Umm, relic; this kinda goes without saying, but the
email address "(E-Mail Removed)" has been in every single
post I've made. The Gremlin is the default on google when I subscribe
to new groups. (My default, I didn't think it would be a good idea to
post as Raid with regard to my malware removal utility. The handle raid
in vx terms still has a stigma. I wanted my legit program to be judged
on it's merits alone, not my past coding projects. It's a simple
oversite on my part, I didn't type my real name in a couple of groups
I'm subscribed to, so when I post, it shows from Gremlin - with
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) as the email address.

My real name is Dustin Cook, I don't know why thats so difficult for
you to spell. Or is it somehow supposed to annoy me when you rename it
like some school kid taunting another? I am the former virus writer
known as Raid/SLAM. I don't think anybody doubts this anymore tho, as
I've provided more then enough evidence for any of you to verify it.

I don't need to resort to renaming your nick, adding characters, etc. I
can attack you purely with logic, with code.. It's much more effective.
Anybody can taunt.

I notice you've recently changed your sig. I don't remember where it
comes from, but I know you stole it from a movie or a tune... And whats
with this relic nick of yours? Did you like that lame movie that much?

Regards,
Dustin Cook
http://bughunter.atspace.org

relic

Dustin Cook wrote:
> relic wrote:
>
>> If you plan on following along, note that "Dustbin Kook the
>> .NetLo0n" has since changed his nick a couple of times:
>> "(E-Mail Removed)" and most recently, "Gremlin".

> changed my

<snippity snip...>

No one pulled your chain.
--
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Norman L. DeForest

On 14 Nov 2005, Dustin Cook wrote:

> relic wrote:

[snip]
> I notice you've recently changed your sig. I don't remember where it
> comes from, but I know you stole it from a movie or a tune... And whats
> with this relic nick of yours? Did you like that lame movie that much?

Movie? There was a movie?

There was a very long series on CBC Television called "The Beachcombers"
starring Bruno Gerussi(sp?). Relic was one of the characters, a schemer
trying to take advantage of others and cheat them at any opportunity but
whose schemes usually failed. The sort who would give you the shirt off
his back (bought for $10 at Zellers and now soiled) for $20.

--
Norman De Forest http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/Profile.html
"> Is there anything Spamazon DOESN'T sell?

Dustin Cook

Norman L. DeForest wrote:
> On 14 Nov 2005, Dustin Cook wrote:
>
> > relic wrote:

> [snip]
> > I notice you've recently changed your sig. I don't remember where it
> > comes from, but I know you stole it from a movie or a tune... And whats
> > with this relic nick of yours? Did you like that lame movie that much?

> Movie? There was a movie?

Yep..

http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vl...3315476IE.html

and it sucked too.

> There was a very long series on CBC Television called "The Beachcombers"
> starring Bruno Gerussi(sp?). Relic was one of the characters, a schemer
> trying to take advantage of others and cheat them at any opportunity but
> whose schemes usually failed. The sort who would give you the shirt off
> his back (bought for $10 at Zellers and now soiled) for $20.

That sounds remarkably like our relic troll. What a coincidence.

Regards,
Dustin Cook
http://bughunter.atspace.org