Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Help

tightwad

Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
port is 2386
I don't have aol.

Donnie

"tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message news:Eyadf.8877$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
> port is 2386
> I don't have aol.

#################################
That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see that in
your netsat output?
donnie

Imhotep

tightwad wrote:

> Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
> port is 2386
> I don't have aol.

?

Imhotep

tightwad

Donnie wrote:

> "tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message news:Eyadf.8877$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
>>port is 2386
>>I don't have aol.

> #################################
> That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see that in
> your netsat output?
> donnie

Yes.
I've been encountering a lot of irregularities going online. I am no
whiz with computers. LOL
I've bee trying to track all of the connections to my computer.
I wasn't able to track down this one and some others.

Donnie

"tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message news:M4fdf.1585$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Donnie wrote:
>
> > "tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message

news:Eyadf.8877$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >>Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
> >>port is 2386
> >>I don't have aol.

> > #################################
> > That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see

that in
> > your netsat output?
> > donnie
> >

> Yes.
> I've been encountering a lot of irregularities going online. I am no
> whiz with computers. LOL
> I've bee trying to track all of the connections to my computer.
> I wasn't able to track down this one and some others.

#################################
That's why I asked you if you saw it in your netstat output. Where are you
seeing those connections?
Click start, run, type in cmd and press enter. At the prompt, type
netstat -an
Pay attention to the foreign address column. That is IP addresses and port
numbers.
If you don't understand the output, post it here.
donnie

tightwad

Donnie wrote:

> "tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message news:M4fdf.1585$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Donnie wrote:
>>

>>>"tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message

> news:Eyadf.8877$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>#################################
>>>That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see

> that in
>
>>>your netsat output?
>>>donnie
>>>

>>Yes.
>>I've been encountering a lot of irregularities going online. I am no
>>whiz with computers. LOL
>>I've bee trying to track all of the connections to my computer.
>>I wasn't able to track down this one and some others.

> #################################
> That's why I asked you if you saw it in your netstat output. Where are you
> seeing those connections?
> Click start, run, type in cmd and press enter. At the prompt, type
> netstat -an
> Pay attention to the foreign address column. That is IP addresses and port
> numbers.
> If you don't understand the output, post it here.
> donnie

That's wher I got it from. NETSTAT

winged

Donnie wrote:
> "tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message news:M4fdf.1585$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Donnie wrote:
>>

>>>"tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message

> news:Eyadf.8877$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>#################################
>>>That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see

> that in
>
>>>your netsat output?
>>>donnie
>>>

>>Yes.
>>I've been encountering a lot of irregularities going online. I am no
>>whiz with computers. LOL
>>I've bee trying to track all of the connections to my computer.
>>I wasn't able to track down this one and some others.

> #################################
> That's why I asked you if you saw it in your netstat output. Where are you
> seeing those connections?
> Click start, run, type in cmd and press enter. At the prompt, type
> netstat -an
> Pay attention to the foreign address column. That is IP addresses and port
> numbers.
> If you don't understand the output, post it here.
> donnie

netstat -o identifies the owning process too...

Winged