Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Computer monitoring software

Computer monitoring software

Hairy One Kenobi

"Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:436de241$0$23289$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Donnie wrote:
> >>what the hell you having a go at me for? Geez, give someone a bit of
> >>help and you get this kind of crap thrown at you. What the hell do YOU
> >>know about me or my kids or anything else about me come to that.

> > ############################
> > He's telling you the way it is and he is right. He doesn't need to know

your
> > children or you because it's clear what's happening.

> He didn't even know I /had/ children.
>
> > Teach you children how

> and neither did you!
>
> > not to get suckered buy pimps and scam artists and I might as well throw

in
> > politicians because they are just as bad.
> > donnie

> You're another one who doesn't know how to follow a thread aren't you!

Comments from a more-or-less innocent bystander: not everyone is
serially-attached to Usenet (i.e. they can follow more than one thread at a
time), and the general assumption is that the only people who don't follow
basic netiquette are either newbies or trolls.

Attribution is considered basic netiquette (although y' don't tend to see as
many flame-wars on the subject as you used to..)

No judgement implied or intended.

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!

Martin

Jim Watt wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 13:40:58 +0000, Martin <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Altogether now "oh no I didn't!"

> sorry, you are totally correct; it was another ****.

Cheers Jim

Donnie

> You're another one who doesn't know how to follow a thread aren't you!

##############################
Thread or no thread, every so often that question arises by the same people
who don't know what they are doing. Nemo is telling it like it is. It's as
simple as that.
donnie.

John Hyde

on 11/5/2005 6:39 AM Beachcomber said the following:
>>Some of them went like this: "Ohrgh! you guys are so strict!!" "Well,
>>what do you mean?" "Jennifer's* parents don't spy on her, they let her
>>do anything they want." "Really? She must like that." "Well Duh!" "Hey,
>>you remember Jennifer was telling you about that boy she wanted to sleep
>>with" "Yeah, she didn't do it. I talked her out of it, so far" "Did you
>>suggest she talk to her mom?" "Gosh, you are so clueless! I told you
>>Jennifer doesn't talk to her parents!" "Well, I know Jack and Jill
>>pretty well. I bet Jennifer could talk to them if it was important."
>>"Yeah, maybe, but she says they really dont care, they pretty much just
>>leave her alone" "Hmmm, that's too bad, I'm sure glad we can talk to
>>each other." "Yeah, I guess so" "Really? Even if were really strict?"
>>"Hey, I didn't say _that_. <with a grin>"
>>

> If the teenager has any smarts at all, he or she is going to resent
> all these attempts at monitoring and will start demanding privacy.

Well, I'm sorry you read what I wrote and reached that conclusion.
Sigh. I'll not try to explain further . . .

> Most teenages have plenty of friends and at least one of these will
> have access to an unrestricted and unmonitored computer. All he or
> she needs is a yahoo e-mail account and you parents will never know
> whom the youngster is communicating with.
>
> Better to focus your parental energies into making sure your children
> have good values and understand the dangers of the Internet and will
> not be afraid to come to you when they think they have a problem.

Funny thing is I agree 100%. Perhaps you'll think that because I agree
with these last two paragraphs _*and*_ have used monitoring software
that I am slightly schitso. But in my mind, software is of limited
usefulness, but some, and potentially dangerous, but not so dangerous as
to be worthy of some of the rants supplied by nemo. Complicated? Well,
Duh!

> Father to son: "Son, don't go into that strip club because you are
> likely to see something you don't want to see".
>
> Son: "I went anyway and realized my father was right. I saw
> something I didn't want to see. I saw my father sitting in the front
> row..."

Snort!

JH