Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > explorer vs firefox

explorer vs firefox

Hairy One Kenobi

"BigDaddyDragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9700E260E1348dragonmoodscomcastne@216.196. 97.136...
> Hi I am Skye and I am Noob.........Ok now with the question. I reisisted
> moving away from IE due to, quite simply, I am used to it. But lately
> alternative browsers have piqued my interest. What diffrences should I
> expect (major or minor). Is a change going to be dependent on what you do
> online?

Not bad, and gradually getting better.

Opera is also worth a look, although many of the former "uniques" have been
copied by the FF developers.

In both cases, expect a specific subset of sites to fail (very often online
banking, etc.). Some just look "funny", but don't lose functionality.

A lot depends upon how much effort the webmaster puts into a site (both in
terms of complexity and testing). Many sites that don't specifically
"approve" FF will still happily work - and this is likely to get better
still, at least here in the UK (DDA requirements).

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!

**

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 00:15:15 -0600, BigDaddyDragon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi I am Skye and I am Noob.........Ok now with the question. I reisisted
>moving away from IE due to, quite simply, I am used to it. But lately
>alternative browsers have piqued my interest. What diffrences should I
>expect (major or minor). Is a change going to be dependent on what you do
>online?
> TIA
> Big Daddy Skye

I've tried IE, FF, and opera (which is free now). IE seems to be the
worst for whatever reasons. I think I like Opera better than Firefox.
But the differences are minor.